Energy Efficient Home Tax Credit
As part of the The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (IRA) the Section 45L Tax Credit for Energy Efficient New Homes has been updated and extended. This tax credit has been extended through 2032, don’t let this valuable credit go unclaimed!
Single family – new homes can qualify for the following tax credits:
- $2,500 per home, if the home meets the eligibility standards of the ENERGY STAR® Single Family New Homes Program
- $5,000 per home, it the home is certified to meet the DOE’s Zero Energy Ready Home Program
Multi-family – new dwelling units have several tax credit options depending on the level of energy efficiency and whether prevailing wage and apprenticeship rules are in place, as noted below:
- $500 for each unit that meets ENERGY STAR® Multifamily New Construction requirements
- $1,000 for each multi-family dwelling that meets Zero Energy Ready Home requirements
- $2,500 for each unit that meets ENERGY STAR® Multifamily New Construction requirements and prevailing wage rules
- $5,000 for each unit that meets Zero Energy Ready Home requirements and prevailing wage rules
You don’t need Cost Segregation Experts or Engineering Tax Consultants to obtain the 45L Tax Credit.
You do need a qualified Energy Rating Company. Building Knowledge Inc. is a certified ENERGY STAR® Partner authorized to provide the required certification for the Residential Energy Efficiency Tax Credit.
For More Information
Contact us today to see how your homes can qualify! Click here.